Krishibid Institution Bangladesh (KIB)
11-13 April, 2019
Bangladesh, which has a population of 149.8 million in 2011, a recent meta-analysis showed that the prevalence of diabetes will be 13% by 2030. The findings suggest that diabetes has become epidemic among the adult population of Bangladesh. In this scenario, need patient level empowerment through massive awareness and interaction with all his/her stack holders of disease management. So, Diabetes Mela is the idea of an interactive annual health fair on diabetes showcasing the latest in diabetes care and management.
- Screening of Blood Glucose, Blood pressure, Foot and vision.
- Exhibition: Latest & existing diabetes care/management products, Organizations who provide patient support & service providers.
- Free consultation/Expert Advice.
- Hands-on activities.
- Workshops for patients & doctors.
- Science experiments, presentation & other activities to build awareness on diabetes.
- Diabetes friendly food processing techniques.